Are you interested in Invisalign treatment in Hilton Head Island, SC but aren't sure if you're a good candidate? Let Dr. Julie Camp-Tome, Dr. Benjamin Wietecha, and Dr. Glenn Barker at Hilton Head Dental Team help you understand this therapy and whom it helps best. The following information is critical to consider if you want to get this type of treatment method.
What Are These Braces?
These invisible braces fit on your teeth like a mouthguard and carefully adjust the alignment of your teeth over an extended period. They provide a myriad of benefits, including:
- A nearly invisible look that minimizes confidence problems
- Easy-to-remove design that minimizes food problems
- Far less maintenance than other braces
- More comfortable overall design
Gauging if you're a good candidate for these braces requires you to:
- Possess a high level of personal responsibility for taking care of your braces
- Take good care of your oral hygiene in general
- Not smoke or perform other unhealthy activities
- Have solid and healthy gum tissues and jawbones
When you have the best Invisalign care in Hilton Head Island, SC, you must also make sure to brush your teeth at least 2-3 times every day, floss with a Waterpik or appropriate brush, clean the braces regularly, brush them, and soak them when not in use. Doing so helps to keep them healthy.
Steps To Take Before Treatment
While most people will easily qualify for this type of treatment, it is also possible that you may not if you are not careful. A handful of different concerns may disqualify you and must be addressed before you get treatment. Take the steps below to ensure you get the best experience:
- Manage cavities and other minor dental imperfections first
- Treat active gum disease to ensure that they don't affect your treatment
- Learn how to take care of your braces before getting them
- Understand you should only remove your braces very rarely
- Tell your dentist if you grind your teeth at night to minimize damage risks
When you take these steps, you help to make it easier to minimize damage to your braces. And you also improve your chances of being approved for them. Work with your dental care professional to learn more about these steps and discuss any other care methods necessary for your oral health needs.
Work With Us On Your Oral Care
Do you think that high-quality Invisalign in Hilton Head Island, SC, is an excellent option for you or your child? Then please call (843) 681-9666 to talk to us at Hilton Head Dental Team. Our doctors (Dr. Camp-Tome, Dr. Wietecha, and Dr. Barker) can help you out in any way possible for your health needs.