Posts for tag: Invisalign
One of the best ways to achieve a straightened smile with the least amount of trouble is to wear Invisalign braces, as this innovative system fixes the positioning of teeth without the need for a clunky, unattractive, uncomfortable metal framework. Read below to learn more about this advanced orthodontic treatment, and call Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, if you are interested in Invisalign.
How Invisalign Helps
Invisalign is an orthodontic system that requires the patient to wear a series of plastic, molded, tooth-shaped trays over a set period of time which can range from six months to over a year, depending on the individual's orthodontic needs. The trays have grooves for the teeth that encourage them to change position slowly and gently, and as they conform to the mold of each Invisalign tray, the teeth settle into their new alignment. The result is a straighter, more properly arranged set of teeth that you can feel confident about!
Is This Treatment Right for You?
Invisalign treatment is not ideal for every patient, but it might be just right for you. You may be a good candidate if any of the following points apply to your case:
- You are in good general dental health with strong bone tissue, which can be confirmed by your Hilton Head Island dentist.
- Your orthodontic problem is relatively minor, such as a small gap between the front teeth, a slight protrusion, or a bit of crowding.
- You have the discipline to wear a plastic tray at least 20 to 22 hours per day.
Other Benefits of “Invisible” Braces
Sometimes Invisalign braces are called “invisible” braces because many people don’t notice that you’re wearing them—at least not until you are up close and personal with them. This is one of the reasons why it’s such an in-demand orthodontic treatment. Another major benefit to Invisalign is that it gives you certain freedoms that you can’t get with standard metal braces. For instance, you can remove them to eat, brush, and floss properly each day.
How to Start Invisalign Treatment
Once you make the decision to straighten your teeth using Invisalign braces, the next step is to have your dentist model your smile to create the plastic trays you’ll need to wear. Call (843) 681-9666 today to schedule an appointment at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, to get the process started!
How Invisalign treatment from your dentists in Hilton Head Island, SC, can enhance your smile
If you want a straight smile, now there’s any easy way to achieve it. It’s called Invisalign! The Invisalign system can straighten your smile faster and easier than you’ve ever thought possible. Your dentists at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, want to introduce you to Invisalign and tell you what it can do for your smile.
Invisalign is a state-of-the-art orthodontic treatment that uses clear plastic trays, known as aligners. You receive your first set of aligners which you wear for two weeks. Then you move on to another set of aligners which you wear for another two weeks. You progress to a new set of aligners as your teeth gradually move into correct position.
Invisalign is different than traditional orthodontic treatments because there are no metal wires or brackets. Invisalign is revolutionary because it is:
- Fast; the average time to complete Invisalign treatment is 9 to 15 months instead of years with conventional braces
- Discreet; the aligners are clear plastic, providing virtually invisible treatment
- Comfortable; the aligners are made of smooth material, with no sharp parts to irritate your tissue
- User-friendly; allowing you to eat the foods you enjoy without worrying about food getting caught in your braces
- Healthy; you can remove the appliance to brush and floss your teeth normally
Invisalign aligners look delicate and beautiful, but they are strong enough to correct the same functional and aesthetic issues as conventional brackets and wires. Invisalign is the perfect choice to correct:
- Overbite or underbite
- Crossbite or open bite
- Gaps between teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Twisted, rotated, or poorly aligned teeth
If you want a straight smile, you need to discover for yourself what Invisalign can do for your smile. Don’t wait to get the straight smile you deserve. Just pick up the phone and call your dentists at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC. Call today and be on the road to your straight smile!
Find out if you are the ideal candidate for getting Invisalign in Hilton Head Island.
You want to fix that gap between your teeth or overcrowding but you feel like you are much too old to wear braces. After all, what would your coworkers think? If the thought of wearing braces has you self-conscious then it’s time you talked to one of our Hilton Head Island, SC dentists, Dr. Julie Camp-Tome, Dr. M. Glenn Barker or Dr. Benjamin Thomas Wietecha, about whether Invisalign is the right choice for you.
With Invisalign being one of the easiest ways to fix a variety of orthodontic issues discreetly, it’s no wonder that it has become such a popular way to straighten teeth in Hilton Head Island. Of course, Invisalign isn’t right for everyone.
While you will want to sit down with us for a consultation to determine your candidacy, there are some factors that will help you decide whether you are right for this orthodontic treatment:
- The type and severity of your dental issues: This is the biggest and most important factor for deciding whether Invisalign is right for you. While Invisalign is great at handling gaps in your smile, crowding and a variety of malocclusions like overbites and underbites, but it won’t be able to fix more complex and challenging cases that require shifting the jaw. In these cases, traditional braces are your best option.
- Your age: Invisalign can be a great option for older teens and adults, but children and young teens aren’t typically good candidates for Invisalign since teeth are still developing. Invisalign is great because it allows for transparency while wearing your treatment so teens don’t have to stress about wearing their Invisalign to prom and adults don’t have to worry about what colleagues are going to think.
- Your commitment to treatment: While Invisalign is easy and fits into your lifestyle, your results will still depend on you. Since Invisalign is removable, it’s often tempting to not wear them all the time. They can be removed prior to mealtimes and before brushing and flossing your teeth but they should be worn for about 22 hours out of the day. So if you think it’s too tempting to keep taking your aligners off or if you really don’t want to spend time cleaning them to keep them from staining, then Invisalign may not be the best option for you.
Invisalign is an amazing and simple way to get the straighter smile you want. Call Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island to schedule your consultation to find out if Invisalign is right for you.
If you don't like the look of traditional metal braces, Invisalign may be the perfect orthodontic option for you. Drs. Julie Camp-Tone, Michael Eibling, M. Glenn Barker and Benjamin Wietecha explain how Invisalign can help Hilton Head Island residents straighten their teeth.
How does Invisalign work?
Just as the name promises, Invisalign is a nearly invisible teeth straightening option. When you choose traditional braces, your dentist attaches brackets and wires to your teeth. Approximately every six weeks, the wires are tightened, moving teeth into alignment. Invisalign doesn't use wires or brackets. Instead, you'll receive a series of clear plastic aligner trays that will gradually move your teeth into the proper position.
What issues does Invisalign treat?
The Invisalign method can be successfully used to treat a range of problems. Although it's not effective for severe bite or alignment issues, it's a good choice if you have any of these problems:
- Gaps between teeth
- Open bite
How long does it take?
If you're an adult, you'll probably wear the aligners for about a year, although that estimate can vary depending on your alignment issue. Teenagers usually wear Invisalign aligners for the same amount of time that they would wear traditional metal braces. Every two weeks, you'll begin wearing a new set of aligners, which you'll wear for 20 hours every day.
What are the benefits of the Invisalign system?
With Invisalign, you won't feel self-conscious about the way you look. You can even remove the aligners for a few hours if you're participating in a sport or attending a special event. There are no foods that are off limits with the Invisalign system. Popcorn, pizza and hard foods can damage wires and brackets, but since you don't have to worry about those things, you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods.
Ready to improve your smile with Invisalign? If you live in the Hilton Head Island area, call Drs. Julie Camp-Tone, Michael Eibling, M. Glenn Barker and Benjamin Wietecha at (843) 681-9666 to schedule your first appointment.