Posts for tag: orthodontics
How Invisalign treatment from your dentists in Hilton Head Island, SC, can enhance your smile
If you want a straight smile, now there’s any easy way to achieve it. It’s called Invisalign! The Invisalign system can straighten your smile faster and easier than you’ve ever thought possible. Your dentists at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, want to introduce you to Invisalign and tell you what it can do for your smile.
Invisalign is a state-of-the-art orthodontic treatment that uses clear plastic trays, known as aligners. You receive your first set of aligners which you wear for two weeks. Then you move on to another set of aligners which you wear for another two weeks. You progress to a new set of aligners as your teeth gradually move into correct position.
Invisalign is different than traditional orthodontic treatments because there are no metal wires or brackets. Invisalign is revolutionary because it is:
- Fast; the average time to complete Invisalign treatment is 9 to 15 months instead of years with conventional braces
- Discreet; the aligners are clear plastic, providing virtually invisible treatment
- Comfortable; the aligners are made of smooth material, with no sharp parts to irritate your tissue
- User-friendly; allowing you to eat the foods you enjoy without worrying about food getting caught in your braces
- Healthy; you can remove the appliance to brush and floss your teeth normally
Invisalign aligners look delicate and beautiful, but they are strong enough to correct the same functional and aesthetic issues as conventional brackets and wires. Invisalign is the perfect choice to correct:
- Overbite or underbite
- Crossbite or open bite
- Gaps between teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Twisted, rotated, or poorly aligned teeth
If you want a straight smile, you need to discover for yourself what Invisalign can do for your smile. Don’t wait to get the straight smile you deserve. Just pick up the phone and call your dentists at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC. Call today and be on the road to your straight smile!
Find out if you are the ideal candidate for getting Invisalign in Hilton Head Island.
You want to fix that gap between your teeth or overcrowding but you feel like you are much too old to wear braces. After all, what would your coworkers think? If the thought of wearing braces has you self-conscious then it’s time you talked to one of our Hilton Head Island, SC dentists, Dr. Julie Camp-Tome, Dr. M. Glenn Barker or Dr. Benjamin Thomas Wietecha, about whether Invisalign is the right choice for you.
With Invisalign being one of the easiest ways to fix a variety of orthodontic issues discreetly, it’s no wonder that it has become such a popular way to straighten teeth in Hilton Head Island. Of course, Invisalign isn’t right for everyone.
While you will want to sit down with us for a consultation to determine your candidacy, there are some factors that will help you decide whether you are right for this orthodontic treatment:
- The type and severity of your dental issues: This is the biggest and most important factor for deciding whether Invisalign is right for you. While Invisalign is great at handling gaps in your smile, crowding and a variety of malocclusions like overbites and underbites, but it won’t be able to fix more complex and challenging cases that require shifting the jaw. In these cases, traditional braces are your best option.
- Your age: Invisalign can be a great option for older teens and adults, but children and young teens aren’t typically good candidates for Invisalign since teeth are still developing. Invisalign is great because it allows for transparency while wearing your treatment so teens don’t have to stress about wearing their Invisalign to prom and adults don’t have to worry about what colleagues are going to think.
- Your commitment to treatment: While Invisalign is easy and fits into your lifestyle, your results will still depend on you. Since Invisalign is removable, it’s often tempting to not wear them all the time. They can be removed prior to mealtimes and before brushing and flossing your teeth but they should be worn for about 22 hours out of the day. So if you think it’s too tempting to keep taking your aligners off or if you really don’t want to spend time cleaning them to keep them from staining, then Invisalign may not be the best option for you.
Invisalign is an amazing and simple way to get the straighter smile you want. Call Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island to schedule your consultation to find out if Invisalign is right for you.