Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Do you feel anxious about having your photo taken? Do you cover your mouth when you laugh or smile? If you are self-conscious about your discolored teeth, it’s time you took the simple step to achieve the smile of your dreams with professional teeth whitening. Dr. Julie Camp-Tome and Dr. Benjamin Thomas Wietecha, and Dr. M. Glenn Barker are dentists at Hilton Head Dental on Hilton Head Island, where they provide full dental services including professional teeth whitening.
Why In-chair Whitening is Best
Many Hilton Head dental patients who have tried at-home teeth whitening kits encountered the following problems:
- The process took too long
- They didn’t achieve the results they wanted
- Some discoloration remained
- The bleaching agent caused sensitive teeth or gums
When you have your teeth whitening at Hilton Head Dental, all of these problems are eliminated. The dentists use specially designed guards to protect your inner mouth, gums, and lips so that you will not experience any sensitivity after your treatment. Because the whitening gel is stronger than that used in DIY kits, professional whitening can improve the brightness of your teeth by up to eight shades. It is also whitened evenly and the whole process typically takes less than an hour.
Get Lasting Results
When you choose Hilton Head Dental for your teeth whitening, you can count on results that will last longer than at-home whitening options. If you maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing daily and visit your dentist for a check-up every six months, your bright smile can last for several years.
Why struggle with embarrassment a day longer? If you live on Hilton Head Island and you would like to find out more about in-chair teeth whitening, contact Hilton Head Dental at (843) 681-9666.
How teeth whitening treatment from your dentists in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina can rejuvenate your smile
Your smile makes a statement about who you are. If your smile isn’t telling people positive things about you, it’s time to change it up a bit. It’s time for a professional teeth whitening treatment. The dentists of the Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina offer a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry services, including teeth whitening, to rejuvenate your smile.
There are many reasons why your smile can grow dull and uninteresting. Coffee, tobacco use, and eating darkly-pigmented foods can all affect your smile. Normal aging does considerable damage to the brightness of your smile, making your smile appear yellow.
The good news is, professional teeth whitening can give you a whiter, brighter, younger-looking smile. Just consider these amazing benefits of professional teeth whitening:
- You can whiten your smile up to 8 shades
- Your amazing results can last up to 5 years
- Treatment is quick, with the in-office treatment taking only about an hour
- Products and methods have been tested and approved by the American Dental Association, so you know they are safe
Just imagine having a whiter, brighter smile! A beautiful smile helps you:
- Make a great first impression
- Look younger and more attractive
- Feel more confident about yourself, especially in social situations
- Have increased self-esteem and feel better about yourself
The dentists at Hilton Head Dental Team offer two effective whitening methods. You can choose from:
- In-office whitening, which is the quickest way to achieve a brilliant white smile; the process takes only about an hour, so it’s a great choice for busy people who want to look great.
- Take-home whitening, which is a kit that contains everything you need to whiten at home whenever the time is convenient for you. This is a great option if you want to whiten your smile discreetly, in the privacy of your home.
You deserve a great smile, and professional teeth whitening can help you achieve it. To find out more about professional teeth whitening and how it can rejuvenate your smile, talk with the experts. Call the dentists of the Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina at (843) 681-9666. Call today!
Here at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, our family dentists, Dr. Julie Tome, Dr. Benjamin Wietecha, and Dr. Glenn Barker, offer preventive care treatments to ensure the health of your gums and teeth. However, on top of preventive care measures from your dentist, you should likewise be doing your part. Start with the following guidelines:
Take Excellent of Your Gums and Teeth at Home
You should be performing the necessary preventive care steps required each day to ensure optimal oral health. Brushing two times daily will help in getting rid of plaque buildup, bacteria, and food particles from your teeth surface. Follow up with thorough flossing afterward. This will help eliminate any debris between teeth and gums that brushing just can’t remove. Additionally, consider using a fluoridated mouthwash to strengthen your teeth against decay and cavities and keep your breath fresher for longer.
Visit Your Dentist on a Regular Basis
No matter how great and thorough you are with preventive measures at home, a routine of flossing and brushing should not, and can not, replace twice-annual checkups with your family dentist in Hilton Head Island, SC. Your dentist can give your teeth and gums the deep cleaning they need, inspect your mouth for early signs of oral health issues, and recommend treatments and extra preventive measures that you need to do at home.
Watch What You Eat
Your eating habits could have a significant impact, not just on your oral health but your overall health as well. Some foods are just better than other foods when it comes to oral health. For instance, dairy products that have calcium could help strengthen the teeth enamel and minimize your risk of developing erosion and decay. On the other hand, certain treats like sugary and acidic drinks and foods, starchy snacks, and sticky candies could all raise your risk of decay, so these should be eaten in moderation or avoided completely.
For More In-Depth Dental Advice, We Can Help
Dial (843) 681-9666 to set your appointment with one of our family dentists here at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, Dr. Julie Tome, Dr. Benjamin Wietecha, or Dr. Glenn Barker now.
Unhappy with the state of your smile? Here at Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, we have a number of solutions for discolored, physically affected, and worn-out teeth. Led by Drs. Julie Camp-Tome, Benjamin Thomas Wietecha, and M. Glenn Barker, read on to learn about how our practice provides a variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures that can improve your look.
Here are a few options to think about:
- Teeth whitening brightens your smile up to three-to-eight shades lighter and comes in two different forms. Take-home teeth whitening kits are a safe and fast way to whiten teeth. For this approach, you receive a kit from your Hilton Head Island dentist that consists of custom-made mouth trays that contain a stain-removing gel. In-office teeth whitening uses a powerful bleaching material that, when applied on teeth, removes stains in about an hour.
- Cosmetic dental bonding is a great cosmetic procedure that covers up aesthetic flaws with the application of a composite material. Your dentist first prepares teeth for the composite by cleaning teeth to ensure they're plaque-free. Next, they'll apply an acidic gel to open pores on the surface of teeth. The dentist will then rinse the acidic gel and apply a composite resin that matches the color of your smile. The composite is then hardened in place to create a new tooth structure.
- Veneers resurface teeth that are damaged, stained, discolored, crooked, worn, or chipped. The doctor first examines teeth and assess whether veneers are right for you. If they decide it is, a model of your teeth will be sent to a lab where a custom set of veneers matching the color of your teeth will be made for you. When the veneers arrive after a couple of weeks, your dentist will remove enamel from the surface of your teeth and cement veneers to the surface.
Interested? Give us a call
If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment, just call Hilton Head Dental Team in Hilton Head Island, SC, today by dialing (843) 681-9666.